20 March 2014

Pikelets and Tea Parties..

Far out! Seriously easy!
I love pikelets! You can add pretty much anything to them. Corn, bacon, apples, bananas, savoury, sweet, topped with honey, jam, or just plain!
Here's all you need...


Ingredients :
  • 1 cup wholemeal or plain self-raising flour
  • 1 egg, lightly beaten
  • 3/4 cup milk
  • butter to fry and spread

Method :
  • In a bowl, whisk together flour, egg and milk to make a batter.
  • Stir in any extras here.
  • Heat frying pan and add 2 teaspoons of butter. When sizzling, drop in tablespoons of mixture. 
  • I cook these until I just start to see bubbles on the tops, then turn over and cook the other side. Maybe about 2 minutes each side on a low heat.


While the boys waited for these, they made me a pot of tea and fought over the spoons.


These are quite freezable, and I was going to freeze the rest of this batch, but ended up snacking on them the rest of the day. (Doh!) Too yummy to save I think... Next time!
X

No comments :

Post a Comment